We went to Schlitterbahn water park in Galveston yesterday.
Team Players:
Gram, Pawpaw, Aunt Mimi, Uncle Matt, William, Aunt LoLo, and the Killians – Travis, Rebekah, and Avery. (Avery and Erin were BFFs at Gateway pre-school.) Avery moved away last Spring but we’ve kept in touch. Since this was a last minute make up trip I thought maybe the Killians were down with last minute plans and they were! Erin squealed when she saw Avery. They ran to each other and hugged and jumped around like crazy. It is so cute to watch them.
I was bad and didn’t carry my camera around with me much. I snapped some pictures early then got tired of carrying it. I gave it to Aunt Mimi to hold for me at one point and forgot she had it. She didn’t think to snap any either!!! Two bad Mommas!!!
It was supposed to rain down there and it got cloudy and dark all around us but never rained on our parade. It was like it just blew around us.
As expected, we took Erin on the biggest meanest slide they had and before we could get out of the big tube at the bottom she was telling us she wanted to do it again. I have such an adrenaline junkie daughter. The bigger, tougher and scarier the better for her. She just laughs and giggles the whole way down. Since Daddy doesn’t much care for roller coasters I think I’ve found my riding companion when she’s a little taller!
William wasn’t as impressed with the big slide. There was another big one on the same platform and in hindsight, we should have started him off with that one. The biggest toughest one wasn’t what he was into yesterday. (But at SeaWorld he loved the big one!) Live and learn.
We lost the Killians at one point but they rode the same slide and I think Avery liked it too. Mr. Travis and Uncle Matt went down the one that drops you straight down. Thanks but no thanks. I’ve done that one before and remember it was fun, but the water enema and wedgie I got last time was still fresh in my memory so I opted out of that one.
All in all, a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment