Saturday, September 20, 2014

Escape from Alcatraz…

 

My faith in humanity has been restored.  Last night when I was giving Erin a bath I heard the phone ring.  I didn’t think much of it because the only people who call our home number during bath/dinner are my Momma and telemarketers!

We got out of the bathtub and came back downstairs.  Tommy was no where to be seen.  I figured he was out in the garage or doing something else in another room and I just didn’t see him. 

Erin wanted to watch a little Disney Junior before we went to bed.  I got her settled in and picked up my cell phone.  There was a message from a woman in our neighborhood who said she had Mae and that Scooby had gotten away.  I immediately jumped up and ran to the door.  Both dogs were in the backyard but still no Tommy!

I let the dogs in and searched for him all over.  I stuck my head out into the garage and he wasn’t there.  He wasn’t in the backyard or out the front door.  I finally ended up texting him.  The response I got was DOGS GOT OUT.  FIXING FENCE.  He was on the side of the house at the gate and I just didn’t see him.

So, apparently the nice lady saw both numbers on Mae’s tag and called Tommy too.  Somehow, he got the dogs back and discovered they had broken the latch on the gate.  All of this went down while we were upstairs with Erin’s bath so I don’t know all of the particulars.  When Tommy came back inside from fixing the fence he wasn’t exactly in a chatty mood. 

Tommy had just that morning reminded me how much he hated my dogs.  This did not help win him over.  He was hot and totally ticked off.

So, I was happy that the lady called and very thankful they had their ID tags on.  There are nice people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment