Friday, January 9, 2015

Scooby Doo Mize…

 

Well, it’s been a year since we adopted Scooby.  At first I didn’t like his name but since he was 4 years old I didn’t want to change it on him.  Scooby has grown on me.  He is a Scooby Doo.  It just fits.

He’s a very sweet little dog with us.  He isn’t as wild as Mae is but will play just as hard.  He’s turned out to be very much my dog.  Erin refers to Mae as her puppy and Scooby as Momma’s puppy.  I say he’s sweet with us because he DOES NOT like strangers.  He hasn’t offered to bite yet, but he sure does bark and carry on when someone comes into the house.  It drives Tommy insane with all the barking.

To show his devotion he sticks close to me at all times.  One day Tommy was telling me a very animated story using his arms and getting a little loud.  Scooby came and stood between us until Tommy was finished.  Not sure what he thought he was going to do, but he was there to protect me from the crazy man.  LOL

Scooby also discovered the squirrels in the backyard a couple of months ago and will spend hours in the backyard running the fence line.  He’s worn a path along the fence.  The one drawback to it is that he doesn’t listen when he’s in Squirrel Mode.  His head completely goes out on him and he zones in on the squirrels.  I can call and call him and he will not come.  He also has a very high pitched bark especially for the squirrels.  Not sure if he thinks he’s calling them but it’s terrible.

All in all I have grown to love Scoobs.  Tommy and Erin could care less about him and I think Tommy really does hate him, but I love him.  After all, he was my birthday present last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment