Thursday, January 1, 2015

Year in Review… 2014

 

January:

  • Pepaw and I celebrated our birthdays with a double party
  • We had 2 back to back snow days with no snow
  • We adopted Scooby Doo Mize
  • Mize/Wiseman Christmas party and we actually took a picture with all the Mizes.  First ever family picture with all of us

February:

  • Daddy and I collaborated on another project and made bookshelves for Erin’s room and playroom
  • Scooby and Mae eat the gravel from the fireplace so I’m forced to buy a fireplace screen
  • We attempt the “Check Mark” approach with Erin – this one doesn’t make it to March
  • My post on the Minnie Bathroom we created goes viral on Pinterest
  • We book our trip/house in Florida
  • Tommy turned 40!!
  • Erin sees a pediatric GI specialist

March:

  • We took a day and went to the Houston Livestock Rodeo with William
  • Erin leads us in our prayers at dinner – Amen – Love Jesus!
  • Luke as a Power Ranger b/day party at home
  • We spend some Spring Break time in Trinity and Erin catches her first fish
  • It’s St. Jude Trike-a-Thon time at school and Erin raised $300 dollars

April:

  • We have Easter in the Country with Granny and Pepaw and too much candy
  • We go to Minerva with the Ammermans for Easter weekend – Team WAM
  • Erin takes Spring school pictures in Pre-K Jr.
  • We have a play date with Erin’s BFF Avery and her family

May:

  • I start on a sewing endeavor and get a new machine for Mother’s Day
  • The WAM Flying Circus heads to Washington for a long weekend minus the men folk. 
  • We make it back alive from WA

June:

  • Erin has her first dance performance
  • Tommy and I celebrate 11 years
  • We spend time in San Antonio and the River Camp for our anniversary
  • I’m offered my new job as a Weather Claim Specialist but can’t tell anyone
  • We celebrate Father’s Day at the River Camp with a fresh fish fry
  • William makes me a video to thank me for his bow tie I made him
  • Tommy loses 60 pounds and looks fabulous

July:

  • We celebrate the 4th of July with the Ammermans and a spectacular fireworks displace courtesy Uncle Matt
  • My computer blew up and I bought the new one – obviously from all my blogging
  • Scooby discovers the squirrels in the backyard – constantly wanting to go outside
  • We go to SeaWorld with the Ammermans and Mizes and Ramseys
  • I am finally able to share the news about my new job
  • Erin turned 4 and had 3 b/day parties.  One at school, one on her actual birthday and her big party at Pump It Up
  • Erin, Luke and Jake have their first weekend all of them together at the Mize Compound in Centerville, just them and Granny and Pepaw
  • Granny and Pepaw are still in recovery and the kids have not been back to stay!!
  • Erin failed her hearing test at her 4 year visit

August:

  • We go with the Mizes to Destin, FL for a week of fun in the sun
  • We come home from FL with 2 hermit crabs – Thanks Nanny B
  • William turns 3 with a small party at our house
  • Erin has her last First Day of School in Pre-K

September:

  • To celebrate football season I modify shirts for me and Erin
  • We were all set to SeaWorld again and found out they were closed
  • Tommy and Josh head to Port Aransas to deep sea fish
  • I start my new job
  • Erin has a follow up hearing test and fails.  We schedule the surgery to put in new tubes

October:

  • Erin has her ear surgery and passes the hearing test
  • My new job has me working from home for 3 months of training virtually
  • Erin takes her 4 year pictures a little late with our favorite photographers – Hard2Hold Photography – shameless shout out!
  • Erin dresses up at Queen Elsa and we trick-or-treat with our neighbors the Zabriskies – Andrew was a hockey player.  They had a blast

November:

  • Erin has a hearing test follow up and passes again
  • We celebrate Jake’s birthday at a trampoline place
  • I went live as a Weather Claim Specialist after 3 months of computer training
  • We went to the Country for a Traditional Country Thanksgiving

December:

  • I slack on the blog big time
  • I spent a week at our Corporate Headquarters in Bloomington, IL learning my job
  • I climbed my first roof and wrote and estimate on my first roof claim
  • I changed my drawers after climbing said roof for roof claim
  • It was a WAM Christmas.  Erin and William dress like elves and Santa comes to visit
  • Erin’s Santa gift is a bike and it’s an epic fail

 

Thanks to each and every one of you for your love and friendship over the last year.  I look back at these times and smile.  Thank you for being a part of it and I hope we have a great 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment