This year's theme was a little Feliz Navidad. We had fajitas with all the Mexican fixins'. Yum. Lunch was followed by visiting and then we got down to the business of unwrapping presents. Woo Hoo! It really is fun to watch the kids tear into their presents. Erin got quite the haul this year too. She got a little doll, a glow-worm like seahorse, a My Pal Violet doll and some cute little pjs. (She has a pair of the pjs on as I write this blog...and napped today with her dolls!)
Once the kids were done, we had the adult male/female White Elephant Christmas exchange. I think I got the best present...fudge from Buccee's!! Little Cousin Morgan talked me into picking that present and Jake was kind enough to help me open it. (Jake helped everybody open presents. He's not stingy, they don't just have to be for him to make him enjoy opening them!) There is usually a lot of stealing and re-stealing in the girl's gift exchange. And I say that very tongue in cheek, usually, I end up unwrapping most of the presents while people steal them from me. I'm not sure how/why it happens, but it happens almost every year.
The boy's are always a little more boring. They all end up with some sort of hunting knife/knife sharper, tool set, camo hat or flashlight. This year Tommy bought a little pink tool set and wrapped it up. His dad was first and picked it. Jake helped him unwrap it and of course no one wanted to steal it. When it was all said and done, Tommy pulled out the real present (Craftsman tool set). They all got a good laugh. We were just going to take the little pink set back to Sears but it turns out Granny liked it too much! So, Granny and Grandpa both got tools!!!
Here's a picture of the kids. There were like 7 cameras so they are all looking in different directions. Not all of the grandkids could be there this year, and they were certainly missed! Maybe next year!!
From far left: Micah, Luke, Peyton, Erin, Paige
Mykala, Morgan, Jake, Jacob, Jared
(not pictured but there, Baby Reese - to appear in February)
No comments:
Post a Comment