Saturday, January 29, 2011

Me & Granny

Granny came in on Wednesday to visit with us.  Mommy had the day off so we hung out and went to lunch.  It was a short visit, but a really fun one!

Tommy was able to meet us for lunch and then Jimmie and Erin and I went to visit Nanette.  Jimmie hadn't seen their house so she got the grand tour. 

Of course, Erin was her normal charming self!  She loves her some Granny.  Granny loves the fact that we had her all dressed in pink with a big bow in her hair.  Granny never had anyone she can spoil with bows and pink!  Super exciting!

We discovered that we love sweet potatoes.  I started that today and she scarfed them down.  Her next favorite is apples.  She still shudders and gags when I give her green beans.  I'll keep trying them, but I'm not too optimistic that they'll stick.  There really isn't much selection in the way of green vegetables.  The 1st foods are really pretty boring.  Erin is getting the hang of eating off a spoon.  When it's something she likes, she'll open her mouth really big.  She's still trying to figure out what to do with her tongue, but we're making progress.

Last weekend we went to a small local Chinese place.  The hostess/waitress/busboy asked me how old Erin was.  I told her she was 6 months and the lady clicked her tongue and said, "Oh, she's a healthy one!"  I think that is a euphemism for your kid is a little pork chop!!




I love me some Granny!

No comments:

Post a Comment