Sunday, January 23, 2011

Taking Back The House

We're taking back our house!  Since Erin is a big girl now and sleeps upstairs in her crib, we packed up some of the items we've outgrown.  Sniff, sniff!

It's bittersweet.  I think that the older she gets, the more personality she develops and the more fun she is... but...I know I need to enjoy this time now while she's little because it goes by so fast.

The swing, bouncy chair and infant tub were put up in the attic this afternoon.  The bassinet was packed up and taken to Roy and Nanette's.  (Baby Reese is going to use it as well, and then we're going to pass it on to Aunt Mimi's baby.)  While that was all done, we briefly had our old bedroom back!  Emphasis on briefly...

I assembled the pack-n-play and it's now standing in the corner where the bassinet used to be.  My mom can't climb the stairs so, while they keep Erin during the week she'll be napping there.  (In theory she's suppose to nap there.  Most of the time I'll come downstairs on a break and bust the 3 of them napping in the recliners while the Military Channel or HGTV is blaring.)

I think Roxie is acting out these days.  She's always had the habit of going thru the wastebaskets in the bathroom and pulling out used kleenex.  She then shreds them on the floor.  You can always tell she's done it right when you come home.  Good Roxie greets you at the door jumping and yapping and generally very happy to see you.  Bad "I Tore Up A Kleenex" Roxie greets you at the door doing a bear crawl and slumping down like we beat her on a regular basis. 

The habit was originally confined to our bathroom so we got to where we would just shut the bathroom doors.  Now, we've discovered that she goes on an adventure when we leave.  She hits every wastebasket in the house the minute we walk out the door.  It's crazy.  She knows she going to be in trouble, she tells on herself, and yet, continues to do it!  I have no idea how to break her of this habit.  I hate it, but if it's the worst thing she does I really have nothing to complain about!

Erin has discovered Roxie.  She's be in her exersaucer and Roxie will walk by.  Erin looks like a baby owl.  That head will whip around and she's turn herself completely around trying to follow Roxie's every move.  It's so cute.  Roxie on the other hand could care less about Erin.  I say that, but then she'll tear up a Kleenex, so I guess she cares on some level.  I'm pretty sure Tommy is not going to allow me to schedule Rox for a couple of sessions with a pet psychiatrist, so I'm going to say she'll have to work out those issues on her own.  In the meantime, please don't blow your nose at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment