Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Don't Think She Will Ever

The "She's A Genius" post is followed by..."I Don't Think She Will Ever"...I totally note the irony.

Erin flat out refuses to crawl, eat finger foods, drink from a sippy cup/straw or hold her own bottle.  I'm 99% sure she'll be starting off college rolling to class with her packets of baby food and a bottle with me or one of her grandparents trailing behind to hold them!

She rolls instead of crawls.  She can crawl if she wants to, but so far refuses.  She'll get up on all 4s and will actually push all the way up to her hands and feet, then gets ticked, flops down and rolls where she wants to go.  We have all the motor skills required to crawl and everyone has even "shown" her how to do it, but still we get nothing!

When I try to feed her finger foods she gags and her eyes water.  She spits it out and makes the worst face ever.  The only thing I can get her to eat are the 1st and 2nd stage baby foods.  She refuses any and all finger foods including things off my plate like noodles and sweet potatoes.  (Keep in mind that sweet potatoes in baby food form is still one of her faves.)

She also refuses to hold her own bottles.  I see kids all over the place feeding themselves and Erin just sits waiting for us to peel her grapes!

I laugh only because Ye Olde Apple did not fall far from the tree.  Tommy is the world's pickiest eater (not counting Grandpa Louis) and we're both so head strong and stubborn.  Erin comes by all her traits naturally.  I know these things will come in time and I'm not worried because she can't do them.  I know she could do each and every one of these things, but just doesn't want to.  I'm sure this is just the first of many battles of will.  (Don't tell Little E, but so far she's winning the battle!)

1 comment:

  1. If it is any consolation Angela, Lee was 9 months old before she would hold her own bottle and sippy cups were 2 or 3 months later.

    Nancy B

    ReplyDelete