Although Mark, Steph and the boys live here in the same subdivision, we don't see them all the time. We try to get together every couple of weeks for the kids to play. Since Jake and Luke are going to be the only "brothers" Only Child Erin has, it's important they know each other!
Yesterday we invited ourselves to their house for a little visit. We were stopping there on our way to eat dinner. Since we crashed their Saturday, it seemed like the right thing to do in inviting them to join us. Nothing fancy. We just went to Mario's. (Local Mexican restaurant)
Before I get to the meat of the story, it should be pointed out that Erin has reached another milestone. After months and months of trying to get her to eat puffs on her own, we found out she loves Natural White Cheddar Cheetos Puffs. We gave her some yesterday afternoon with lunch and she held them by herself and actually did some crunching with the two bottom teeth and the little top 1/4 buds we call teeth. You would have thought she found the cure of cancer with the way Tommy and I were cheering her on. Needless to say, we've had Cheetos with every meal since.
So, last night at Mario's we had Erin in a highchair at one end of the table and Luke in a highchair on the other. We ordered chile con queso and all snacked on it (except Erin, of course!). I look over at one point and as fast as Steph can fill his little bowl, Luke is shoveling it in. To say he was very enthusiastic about his queso is putting it mildly. Anyway, the queso was almost gone when someone gave him a chip to go with it. Since he wasn't chewing the cheese, I guess he thought he could do that with the chips too. Anyway, Luke got a little bit choked. He's fine, but he ended up puking all over his chest and lap before it was all said and done.
Tommy and I just sort of looked the other way and suddenly became super attentive to Erin. They got Luke cleaned up and dinner was served. When we were done, Steph ordered the boys some vanilla ice cream. I had fed Erin some Gerber stuff so I had one of the little empty containers sitting there. Jake was kind enough to share some ice cream with Erin and he suddenly became her favorite cousin. About 5 bites in, she decided it would taste good with the mushy Cheetos still in her hand. Apparently she wanted to see if she could reach her tonsils, and shoved it in her mouth. She gagged, then puked all over her own chest and lap. Nice! Karma, karma, karma!
We cleaned her up and asked for the check. Mario's is owned by a very nice Mexican family that knows us all on sight. I'm pretty sure after the Puking Mize tour we might not be as welcomed as we were before! I don't speak much Spanish, but the dude that cleans the floor was cussing us in Spanish when we left, I know I would have! :)
Por Favor and Gracias amigos!
No comments:
Post a Comment