I really cannot believe it's been a year already! It really did fly by just like everyone told me it would. Tommy and I were talking tonight and we've learned so much in this last year. We have had so much fun with Erin. She really is the best thing we've ever done!
I wanted to get her ready for the party so we had our one year visit to the doctor today. I knew she had to get shots, and we wanted to get them over with so we would be good and well for the party. Wow. Tommy laid down the law and said never again do we do shots on her actual birthday. She was great in the exam and took the shots well, but the aftermath has been dreadful. Her appointment was at 8:30. This is right at the beginning of our morning nap time but I did that so she would sleep when we left. Every other time we've gotten shots she been sleepy afterwards and crashed and then woke up great. Not today.
We got home about 9:45 and we got our snack and then fought me tooth and nail to go to sleep. I was supposed to go to work after the appointment but I ended up calling in sick. Erin was screaming and crying and refusing to sleep. She was clinging to me like velcro but wouldn't settle down to sleep. It was noon before she finally passed out. She woke up at 1:00 (not nearly long enough nap) and had lunch only to repeat the whole episode and fall back to sleep around 4:00. Mommy is hoping for a peaceful night because my head is killing me now!!
Here were today's stats:
Weight: 26 lbs (97% percentile)
Height: 30.5 inches (89% percentile)
Head: 18.25 inches (77% percentile)
Dr. E told us she's very proportionate for her age and that we're developing great. We go back in 3 months for another check-up and round of shots. (I may need a shot of another kind if we have a repeat experience!)
We're having the big party and cake this weekend, but we couldn't let tonight go by without some sort of celebration. So, we had cupcakes!
Yes, this was right before my child, who never puts stuff in her mouth, put the candle in her mouth!
No comments:
Post a Comment