Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Some Minor "Mom-ifications"

Daddy was dilligently working on the swingset by himself when I came home for lunch today.  He had gotten the crossbeam up and hung the swings....
I hated to say it, but the crossbeam was just too short.  The swings were only about 6 inches apart and the kids would hit each other or the slide platform if they were swinging.  Back to the drawing board.  We decided the 8 foot beam wasn't long enough so we got on line and searched.  We found a local place that specializes in cedar and redwood.  They had a 12 foot been in stock so I paid for it over the phone and Pawpaw picked it up this afternoon.

Gram and Pawpaw are at their house tonight, so the beam will be back in the morning.  I suspect that Tommy and Pawpaw will be hard at work tomorrow night finishing it up.

I've taken pictures along the way and will post them once Project Swingset is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment