I’m in Bloomington for the rest of my training. So far it’s been about writing estimates inside for damages like water leaks or vandalism. Today was different. We had to climb a roof. It was easier than I thought. No ladders involved. They built staircases up to each roof. We got on a 1 1/2 story. The scariest part is that it was in the middle of the concrete lab. No grass to soften the blow.
I took a picture of the lab so that y’all could see what it looks like inside. It’s a huge warehouse filled with home structures and samples. So far we’ve written estimates is 3 of the 4 structures. It’s nice that it’s inside because the temperature has not gotten above 34 degrees since we’ve been here.
The really steep one in the pictures with the 2 flights of stairs is not one we climb. You have to go thru a special “Rope and Harness” training to climb those. No thanks. Not only is the next school in February, it’s too dang scary for me. That school is optional. Thank the Lord.
I did okay on the roof today. I was nervous like a cat, but after I was up there for a while, it got better. It’s not even a really steep roof! All of my friends that do this have told me you get used to walking on roofs and it will be no big deal before too long. I hope they’re right, because I was tempted to sit down and scoot on my butt but pride got in the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment