It’s Bluebonnet time again and I attempted to get pictures of Erin in a field. We loaded up the Tahoe with towels, my camera, and a change of clothes. Tommy promised her if she was good that we would take her to the playground at the park where we would go.
We pulled up to the park and the parking lot was full. I got out to take a look and the community they where the park is located was having their Easter celebration and egg hunt. I walked over to the hill where they grow the Bluebonnets and it was all roped off with signs saying to keep off!!! I was ticked. Apparently there were too many people using the spot to take pictures and they were trampling the Bluebonnets. (Breaking a Texas state law in the process! It’s illegal to trample, pick or disturb Bluebonnets!)
Well, we couldn’t go to the playground there because of the egg hunt and couldn’t take Bluebonnet pics so I thought it was a dry run. Erin was very disappointed but Tommy knew where to go. Daddy saves the day.
Our neighborhood egg hunt was happening at our playground so he took us to the subdivision where Aunt Lene lives. It’s about 5 miles from our house. Erin loved it. It’s a cute little playground but she liked it because there was only one other little girl there and it was new with plenty to be explored.
I have to brag on Erin’s skills. She is so unafraid to climb and jump and crawl around on the playground equipment. She looked like a little spider monkey running from thing to thing. Tommy pushed her on the swings for a while and she’s trying to learn how to swing by herself, but progress there is slow. (She said her legs get tired and it’s easier for Daddy to just push her! This learning to swing by herself could be a long process.)
All in all, my Bluebonnet day turned out to be a playground adventure. I didn’t get my Bluebonnet pics but I did get some good ones all the same. And, Erin had way more fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment