Saturday, March 28, 2015

ShoutOut…

 

Just have to give a shout out to the ‘rents – Gram and Pawpaw

Pretty much every weekend they get Erin and spend some time with her.  We usually take her on Saturday evening and she spends the night and all day Sunday with them. 

At first it felt like we were somehow pushing her off onto them but they do not feel that way.  I asked Daddy the other day and he told me that they get upset and feel like they’re missing something when she doesn’t go over there on a Saturday night.  He told me that they know that one day she will not want to go over there because it will be too uncool and she’ll have friends and activities and things to do.  He told me they are making the most of the time they have while she’s little and still wants to spend time with them.

That makes me happy and sad at the same time.  I hate that they feel that way.  I can honestly say Amy and I loved going to our grandparent’s house to spend the night.  Of course it wasn’t every weekend, but we still loved going.  I can remember going to Grandpa and Grandma May’s house.  I got to indulge my Dr. Pepper fix and she always made us chocolate chip cookies.  We played Aggravation and cards and got to stay up late.  It was great!

My hope is that Erin will have all the great memories I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment