I never thought I would be one of those pregnant people that just wanted the baby to hurry up and get here. I've turned into that woman. I always thought those people were crazy because after the baby is born the real work begins. But... I am so tired of being pregnant, and I want to see what she looks like. So, I'm eating my words. Erin Grace, hurry up and get here!!!
Week 32 - The book says she's rolling along at about 4 pounds and is about 19 inches long. The last few weeks in there are about practice. She will be practicing outside survival skills like swallowing, breathing, kicking and sucking. Also, her skin is no longer see-through. As more fat accumulates under the skin, she'll start looking a little more human! (I am looking especially human these days!!)
We had our first (of 4) Prepared Childbirth Classes on Tuesday. It was okay. We learned some things and then heard and disregarded a lot of things. There are some kooky ideas out there about childbirth. To each his own. The Mizes will have a nice safe hospital birth with drugs and doctors. Someone else can take the stand for women's rights and give birth at home squatting in a bathtub with a doula and a midwife and nothing but a leather strap to bite down on. I don't need to be a hero!
Jimmy Buffett concert was last night. It was great as always. It really is a lot of fun to see so many thousands of people all dressed up in crazy Parrothead gear singing and dancing to every song. There is such a mix of types and age of people. I just sat there and watched people for the longest time. My "Future Parrothead" t-shirt was a huge success. I got lots of compliments and comments. The people behind us took my picture and the lady told me I needed to start making and selling them.
No comments:
Post a Comment