Thursday, May 6, 2010

Week 30 - The Home Stretch(marks)

Tomorrow is Week 30. It's crazy to think that we only have about 2 1/2 months to go. It seems to have taken forever to get here. We have done so much to get ready but there still seems to be so much more to be done! We were going over the "lists" tonight. The suggestions for essential things to have for newborn babies and also for packing for the hospital. They recommended packing at the beginning of Month 8 because anything can happen when labor is concerned. I said that's just two weeks away and Tommy said no it isn't. Yes Babe, it is!

Week 30- The baby is about 17 inches long. The book says she's weighing about 3 pounds, but our little chunky monkey passed that up weeks ago! This week the baby's brain is starting to look like a brain. It's getting those characteristic grooves and wrinkles. Her brain is starting to function as a brain. It's taken over temperature regulation. The heat supply will start to "burn" off that baby hair that they have in the womb. With any luck, she'll burn it all off and won't come out looking like a werewolf.

Everyone asks me how I'm feeling. I can look them in the eye and tell them I think I've had a pretty good pregnancy (even with my "advanced" age!) We have the placenta scare in the beginning, but we've been very lucky. I get really, really tired now and I stay hot, but I think that is all to be expected. I don't sleep at night, so of course I'm sleepy during the day! I hate to see our a/c bill this month. Tommy has told me a couple of times that it's much colder downstairs where I am. He comes down the stairs and says there is a cold front about half way down.

Speaking of tired...going to bed now, and yes, it is just 8:01! Now if I could just sleep when I get there...

No comments:

Post a Comment