Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Lot to Learn

Well, I paid for our classes today at Memorial Hermann. I signed us up for 3 exciting baby classes!! Woo Hoo!!

Next week we start off with Prepared Childbirth. It's 4 weeks long. (Yes, 4 long weeks!) Tuesday nights for 3 hours a night. I've gone back and forth on whether or not we should go to this class. My plan is to get the epidural as soon as they'll allow it and then let nature take it's course from there relatively pain free. I think this is kind of a tree hugger natural childbirth kind of thing/class. I know they speak on a lot of different things, so I know we'll get something out of it. In the back of my mind I keep thinking about what happens if I can't get the drugs??? I at least want to be a little prepared.

From there we have the Newborn Care class. Since neither one of us knows squat about taking care of a baby this class was a must. I'm sure Tommy isn't looking forward to playing with dolls in this class, but everyone that took it swears it was great. They all learned to swaddle their babies like cattle wranglers. So, we're in.

We also have a breastfeeding class. I need all the help and information I can get on this. I think Tommy is just looking forward to the show and tell portion of this class :)

Those two classes are for a couple of hours on one night each. Neither one of us is looking forward to it, but I do think we'll get something out of it. Tommy is going simply to humor me and keep me happy. He hasn't been complaining about it, but I can tell you he'd rather be in a 1000 different places then a childbirth or breastfeeding class! This is where I tell the world that I married a great guy. That was easy, I married a great guy, and it's the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment