Monday, May 17, 2010

What's Up Doc?

Had another doctor's visit today. All went well. The baby's heartbeat was 131 and when he did the tape measure thing on my belly, I'm about a week and a half ahead on the chart. He said that didn't mean much at this stage.

Our next appointment is 3 weeks from now. (Memorial Day interfered with scheduling.) They'll be doing another ultrasound on that appointment. It should be the last ultrasound. I'm kind of sad that it will be our last glimpse of the baby before the big day. I've gotten used to being able to see her on a regular basis. We'll have a better idea of her birth weight at that time. The closer it gets, the more nervous I get about birthing an amazon bowling ball baby. I really don't want a C-section, but I also don't want her to go 10 lbs!

My blood pressure was still good. He said it wasn't as "beautiful" as it was 2 weeks ago, but still well within range. I've had minor swelling but he said he wasn't concerned about that unless I get swelling and high blood pressure. The Braxton Hicks contractions were normal.

The insomnia is in full swing. I just don't sleep much. It's very depressing and kinda has me down. I'm just so tired. The lack of sleep makes me more stressed and irritable. I know part of it is to be expected, but this has been going on since December. Well meaning people tell me that it's just my body getting ready for when the baby is here. Seriously, if I hear that again I'm going to run away. Two to three hours of sleep a night on average for 5 months will wear on anyone! At least when the baby gets here, I'll have help. Right now, it's just me, the computer, my book and bad TV every night. Sorry to complain, just really tired today.

All in all, an uneventful appointment. That's just the way we like them!! Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment