What can I say? We rock at putting a carseat in. I took it to be inspected today, not bad for a couple of rookies. The only thing she changed was moving the carseat from the driver's side to the passenger's side. We had it in there right and done very snugly, but she said statistically, there are more driver's side impacts then passenger's so it's a little bit safe. (Tuck that useful gem of info away for a future game of Trivial Pursuit.)
The Mizes are vacation bound, again. We're heading back to South Shore Harbour this weekend. We'll be staying Saturday night and coming back Sunday. I think I can safely say that this is our official last hoorah. (Even though Tommy keeps reminding me we could still be waiting on Erin 6 weeks from now. If that's the case, I can totally see him trying to talk me into one more trip to SSH.) The weather is suppose to be beautiful. The pool is calling my name. My pain and swelling are so much better when I'm just floating my cares away.
Vacation 2011 is also planned. We booked our annual anniversary cruise today. We'll be heading to Jamaica, Cayman and Mexico in May 2011. We were going to go in June over our actual anniversary, but the same cruise was almost $1,000 more in June than May. Needless to say, we're going in May now instead. The prices drop again the last week in August, but we don't want to wait that long! We looked at cruises out of Florida, but decided to stick with the Galveston cruise. Since this will be the first time we'll be leaving the kid for an extended stay, we decided to make the transition as seamless as possible.
I think we both feel better knowing that we booked the vacation and are sticking to our promise to each other that we will still make Tommy and Angela time. We've had a great run at travelling over the last 7 years and we're just not ready to completely give that up. We'll slow down, but not quit!
The funny part is that I booked us in the exact same room, on the exact same ship that we were in for the October 2009 cruise. Yes, that is the fateful week of conception. Hopefully, the May 2011 will be much less eventful upon return. :) No souvenirs please!!
No comments:
Post a Comment