Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Two Stooges

I had to laugh at us today. I got a coupon from Babies R Us to finish off the registery. I went to town and got a bunch of the things that I hadn't gotten as gifts. Most of it was small stuff, but it all came in one box today. We were unpacking it and looking at the stuff together and Tom was telling me how "hard to hold" some of the things were. He had me laughing already.

We were unwrapping some of the toys and such and it took T 10 minutes to get into this snail toy thing. In his defense, they package kids toys up tighter then Fort Knox. He got it and then it took us both a minute and the instruction book to figure out how the stupid thing worked! Baby Gear 1, Mizes 0.

From there we got the stroller out to attach the stroller organizer and this nifty hooks that I bought. The organizer fit like a charm and was easy to install, but the hook that "fit any stroller" didn't work. I have to take those back. But, before we could get it started we had to actually unlock and unfold the stroller. I was being a smart ass and making Tom do it himself. He couldn't get it and asked for help and sure enough, I had forgotten how too. So there we stood in the hall for 10 minutes struggling to get the stroller unlatched and pulled out.

From there we tackled the pack-n-play. I had ordered some sheets for it and I wanted to make sure they fit before I washed them. We have had it out in the other room but haven't put it together yet. We unlatched it and about 10,000 pieces came out. The look on Tom's face was priceless. It took me 10 minutes to find the English section in the directions and it went from there. It literally took both of us to get it up. All was well once it was together, but it really was funny. Taking it down and putting it back in the portable storage bag was comedy by itself. Tommy volunteered to leave the room at once point because he was calling it bad names and wanted to bend it when it wouldn't give. Together we triumphed, but I was laughing hysterically.

After that we needed to unfold the stroller and put it back up. That took another 10 minutes because I couldn't remember how to do that either. I couldn't stop laughing and almost wet my pants from laughing at us. Tommy was making comments about how we needed to practice this stuff because he can just see Erin screaming while we're trying to do these things. It just made me laugh harder.

We really do stink at this stuff right now. I know it will come with time, but it was very funny to me today. Two grown adults with college degrees and we're stumped by the baby gear! I can't help but laugh at us. I just wish someone had been here to tape us. It would have been great on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment