Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wanted: New Home With no Dogs and NO KIDS!

Roxie now hates me. She's making me post this looking for a new home. She's looking for some nice people, with no dogs and NO KIDS!

4 shots today and some very rude testing involving her hiney. I got the lecture about having her put under to have her teeth cleaned. I just can't do it. My grandparents had a dog that got put under and never woke up. So, I plead my case to the doctor and still got the lecture. Also, Rox has developed a heart murmur. So, we go back in 3 months to have it listened to again. He said schnauzers are very susceptible to heart problems. (We know from personal experience as Fritze had heart disease and was on medication for it for years.)

He also suggested these buffalo bone marrow bones to help clean her teeth. It was a pack of 3 and they were sold to me raw and frozen. They were in a sealed wrapper, but still stunk. I got them home, pulled one out and put the others in the freezer. They smelled so bad. Tommy was totally making fun of me for buying them. I thought she would really like them but the toot turned up her nose. It's still laying on the rug in the kitchen thawing out and stinking up the house. Hopefully, she'll eat it a little later. (It should be noted that the vet told me he'll refund my money and give them to his dog if Rox doesn't eat them. I'm not a total sucker!)

Dr. Cole did have some advice about bringing the baby home and making the Roxie Connection a little easier on her. I feel so bad thinking about how hard the transition will be on her. She is so spoiled rotten.

I tried to cheer up by telling her I have to go to the doctor on Friday. She said it wasn't the same!!

No comments:

Post a Comment