Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Busy Week

This week is flying by. I think the 4 day work week helps.

We had the 3rd installment of the Prepared Childbirth class last night. It was mostly about medical interventions - i.e. C-sections and epidurals. We also watched a very crazy video showing a water birth. This chick and her husband were naked in a tub and she literally had the kid squatted down in the tub in water up to her neck. The kid was smurf blue when it came out of the water. It was very freaky. After she had the kid, her two other kids came running in naked and got in the tub with mom, dad and new baby. Yes, we watched a video where a whole family got buck naked after the birth and got into the yucky water. So gross.

Needless to say, I got more out of the epidural talk and hospital tour last night then the water birth video. It's really strange, I've been pretty calm up until now, but I'm starting to get anxious and nervous. I had a freak-out moment on the way home. Tom talked me down off the ledge, but jeez. The build up is killing me. I'm just ready for it to be over with. The more I think about things, the more nervous I make myself. There are so many things that can go wrong and you don't want to make a bad decision. So, I spend my days not thinking about it. But, when you look like I do, there is a constant reminder!!

Tomorrow night is the Newborn Care class. We're both looking forward to that one since we have so much to learn. The scary part is that it's only 2 hours long. Apparently you learn every thing you need to know about babies in 2 hours!!

Our State Farm baby shower is tomorrow as well. We are so lucky to be so loved and thought of by friends and family. Erin Grace is a lucky and loved little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment