Monday, August 8, 2011

I Have to Laugh at Me.

Okay, I like to laugh, anyone who knows me knows that.  I'm an equal opportunity make fun of 'er.  I'll pick on someone relentlessly if they give me the right material. 

With that being said...I have to laugh at myself for what I recently did.  It wasn't bad enough that I did it, but that we actually took pictures of it and that I'm putting out there for the world to see.  I told you, equal opportunity make fun of 'er!!!  Even I'm not immune to my ruthlessness!

We bought Erin a bike seat to fit on my bike.  It's been so hot that we really haven't gotten to use it yet.  One night right after I bought it a storm was blowing in (yes, the only one we've had in months!).  It was cloudy and windy and the perfect day to try it out.  I yanked the tags off the baby bike helmet and literally wrestled E to the ground putting it on her.  Perfect, mom and baby ready to roll... 

The stupid helmet kept hitting my boobs while I was riding and Erin hated it.  It's pointed on one side and that was the side that was hitting me.  Poor baby, I kept knocking her in the head and knocking the helmet down lower and lower in the front.  Erin ended up yanking it off mid ride and trying to throw it on the ground.  I'm fast like a ninja, so I caught it.  It wasn't until we got home that I realized I had the stupid thing on her backwards!!! 

Yes, here is the photographic evidence of my stupidity.  Moral of the story, take time to read the directions on all children's products and don't take pictures until you know you've done it right!!!






Next, I'm going to teach her to run with scissors and not to wait the 20 minutes after a snack before getting in the pool!  I would like to think it was a rookie mom mistake, but it was just straight up idiot! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, we really are the exact same person. Only I need to be brave and blog about it!!!
    Glad the problem was solved!
    ps... I'm done with lessons... swim any evening yall want to take a 'bath'!!!

    ReplyDelete