Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sensitive Subject

At the present time, we're treating Roxie for Schnauzer Bumps.  Yes, it is a skin condition exclusive to schnauzers.  It happens from time to time from grooming.  She gets these little bumps on her back and the only way to get rid of them is a special shampoo.  So, every other days, Roxie has been getting a bath.  She hates it and me right now!  The good thing is that it doesn't bother her in any way.
As if that were not enough, I always have skin problems because of my sensitive skin.  I have a collection of potions, lotions and washes to help my crazy skin.

The Mize ladies have sensitive skin!!!

Erin must have felt left out...

She has had these little bumps on her face, legs and upper arms.  The doctor looked at it in July and told it is a form of eczema.  She told us to treat it with hydrocortizone.  I have, but it didn't clear up.  It looked to me like it was getting a little worse, so before we left this week for 7 days in the sun slathered in sunscreen, I decided to take her back to the doctor.  She was diagnosed with Keratosis Pilaris.  The doctor said she will have flair ups and that it will be controlled, but will never be cured.  She gave me the name of some OTC lotion and told me Erin's case was too mild for Rx.  I agreed.

So, today at lunch I was on a mission to find one of the two lotions she recommended. (The doctor told me she has the same condition and said she knew both of these lotions work from personal experience!)  I went to 2 different Walgreens, 2 Walmarts and called a CVS and an independent hole in the wall pharmacy.  No one could help me and they all acted like I was asking for nuclear launch codes instead of an OTC lotion. 

All the driving around I did led to me getting low on gas, so I stopped at the Shell station beside Target in the Woodlands.  As I sat there pumping gas I remembered they have a pharmacy in there now.  So, I sat in the parking lot and called them.  I just couldn't take another face to face rejection! 
The Pharmacist answered the phone and knew immediately exactly what I was asking for.  She said, I don't have the name brand, but I have the generic in and can order the name brand if you want.  Needless to say, I ran right in and bought it. 

The pharmacist may have gotten the wrong idea though when I tried to climb over the counter to give her a big hug and kiss.  Some people are so sensitive!

We greased Little E up tonight after her bath and hopefully this stuff will work.  It doesn't smell nearly as cute and babified as her other lotion, but if it gets her cleared up we can go back to the other stuff soon.

It should now be noted that all the Mize boys that live on Caradoc Springs Court have beautiful non-sensitive skin.  Naturally!

No comments:

Post a Comment