I called to get put on the waiting list week before last. They told me Erin was like the 3rd on the list, so we figured it would be a couple of months. Well, we got the call on Thursday that she was in and will be starting "school" on October 3rd.
Gram and Pawpaw are sad, but they know it's for the best too. Erin is such a social kid. She loves to be around other kids and I think she can learn a lot from being around the others in her class.
I toured the school and met her teachers. They take a nap each day so the teacher recommended a "nap mat" for the cot she'll be sleeping on. Enter Momma's latest project....
I looked on line and they were like $60 bucks for this mat and I really didn't like the material and didn't fall in love with any of them. So, I decided to make my own. I went to Joann Fabrics last night and found the material. I printed 5 different sets of instructions on the web and built my own. My friend, Sharon, at work told me to make sure it rolled up and that I made the pillow with it.
Like any of my sewing, you don't want to look too closely! But I think it turned out good. I haven't put the carrying strap on it yet because I wanted to use it a couple of times we can figure out the best carrier. I bought a nylon strap material in pink with white strip on it. It will match perfectly (of course)!
Up close shot of the material for the pillow and blanket.
(This is the actual pillow I made.)
The bed after I tried to get Roxie to lay down in
it to pose for me.
Ready for Erin.
This is how it would have to be for me to
get in it. I can't stand an
un-straighten bed!!
The pillow is attached at the top
so it can be flipped up now
and used as a pillow later when we learn
what the heck a pillow is.
Rolled up and ready to go
No comments:
Post a Comment