Okay, when I was a kid my parents used to tell me that my mom had eyes in the back of her head. I can remember physically looking for them and never finding them, but she ALWAYs knew when I was doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing. Can't tell you how many times I rolled my eyes or stuck out my tongue only to be busted with "I saw that". ???? How???? Daddy would always tell me to be careful, I was going to get busted because Mom had eyes in the back of her head. 9 times out of 10 I walked away rubbing my butt and sniffling. (Time Out was never big in the Wistner Household)
Today, I figured just how she did it. Erin is crawling around like a maniac and for those of you who have never met her, she is NEVER still. She will concentrate on something for about 2 minutes, then move on to something else. She is not one of those sit quietly somewhere and play with one toy kind of babies. She's very quick for a crawler and is so efficient at that you can set her down, and within the blink of an eye she's 15 feet away already.
Today she was crawling/cruising around while I was doing stuff in the kitchen. I was literally one step ahead of her at every turn while trying to get my stuff done. It was like that Mom thing went off and I knew exactly where she was headed and what she was about to get into. So, I finally figured out Sandy's trick. She didn't have eyes in the back of her head, she really had ESP.
For my next trick, I will select tonight's Powerball numbers.
No comments:
Post a Comment