My brief running career is just about over. I have severe shin splints and have been sidelined for at least 3 weeks. I bought the good shoes it just appears that I tried to do too much too soon and ended up with hurt legs to show for it.
I went to the doctor today because I was afraid I had stress fractures because of how badly my shins were hurting. Turns out it's just a soft tissue (muscle) injury and will resolve it's self with deep tissue massage and therapy. So I have 4 therapy sessions.
My first one was today and it was painful. The exercises weren't too bad, it was the massage that he did on my legs. I thought I was going to come up off the table. Once the initial pain subsided, it felt better. I left there with pink tape on my shins and was told to leave it on for 4 days! It's hot pink!
Erin and Roxie are jealous of the pink tape. Erin calls it a "ding dang" which is what she calls a bandaid. It's too cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment