Tuesday, January 14, 2014

High Tech Redneck...Times Two...

I posted on FB asking if other people were having trouble getting into their blog to post.  I got no responses.  Total crickets out there...  I took to Google and found a lot of forums with people with similar problems.  I tried every trick they could come up with.  I got nowhere.  I can pull up my blog but when I go to post, I get a blank white screen with an error message.  Very frustrating.

After about 30 minutes of trying everything on Google, Tommy asked me what I was doing.  I told him the problem and he took to the Internet on his phone.  Most of the Google chatter suggested switching from Internet Explorer (what I use) to Google Chrome.  Not what I wanted to do but not surprised that was the final answer to the problem on the Google sites.  I even tried Microsoft forums and got zip done.

I was not going to give up and I refuse to use Chrome.  I downloaded it once before and didn't like it.  We use IE at work so using it at home is seamless most of the time.

After 5 minutes on the Internet Tommy suggested I just try opening it with Safari.  That's the Apple search engine I have on my computer from downloading itunes.  I never use it and never thought about it.  Duh!

I'm the IT person in the Mize household and engineer most of our technical issues.  It never occurred to me to try Safari.  Not once!  I guess even the experts need help sometimes!  My husband is brilliant.  I am now once again blogging and hope to have some pictures up soon.  I haven't posted many pictures in a while and I like them in the blog for readers and for when I turn each year of the blog into a hard bound book.

Look for me some more in the future since I've (we) managed to devise a work around.

Thanks Babe!  You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment