Saturday, January 11, 2014

Three Mizes + Four ???

Don't get too excited.  As I blogged before, we're thinking about adding another dog.

I found a breeder in Katy that seems really nice.  I called her about a puppy and we started talking about a dog she is rehoming.  He's a solid white Miniature Schnauzer.  His name is Scooby and he's 4 years old and has already been fixed.

She said he was originally one of her puppies from a litter 4 years ago.  The owner was a little old man who lived by himself.  She said he got to where he would call her every day.  When she didn't hear from him in a couple of days, she went to check on him.  The old man was very sick so they took him to the hospital and she took Scooby home.  The man ended up passing away, and she has had Scooby ever since.

The lady told me she is very particular as to who she sells dogs to.  In my conversation with her, I felt like I was being interviewed.  I guess I passed.  I have an appointment with her next week to meet Scooby to see if he would be a good fit for us.  She really liked the fact that this would be my 4th Schnauzer.  She said her dogs are like her 4 legged Grandbabies since she doesn't have real grandbabies yet.  Had to laugh and think of my parents!

I'll keep you posted on whether or not we get Scooby!

1 comment: