Okay, I've always had a low-maintenance look. I don't wear enough make up to look like an Indian going to war, and I forget to put on lipstick most of the time. With that being said, I am a true Maiden of the South, I do wear my make up every day to work and always have my hair fixed. I let my hair be curly instead of fighting Mother Nature and straighting it. Low key style, but yet "fixed" up. The best of both worlds.
Part of my low maintenance up-keep is the fact that I only use Dove soap on my face and NO moisturizer. My face is so oily I didn't think I needed it. (Between the oil and the chubbiness I've never worried about wrinkles!)
I had a facial last weekend for the first time in about 10 years. I realized what a train wreck my skin is. An obsession was born. The lady doing the facial tried to sell me some stuff they use there at the spa, but I had an alternative. Stephanie sells Rodan + Fields and I knew she would know what was best for my face. I called her immediately and she knew exactly what to do. Since I never took much time on my skin, I hadn't bought anything from her yet. That changed...I'm in for the pound instead of the penny now.
I'll be getting my new skin care regime next weekend and I'm excited to start it. My face was so soft and my skin looked fabulous after the facial. I want to keep it that way! I still don't care much about the wrinkle part. I have a ton of gray hair and would be almost completely gray if I didn't color it. Wrinkles just seem to me to go along with the package. I just want the smooth soft skin that I had last weekend to last.
As much as I hate to admit it...I've joined the ranks of the millions of women who spend billions on their faces. Knowing me, I won't do this skin care in moderation so the next time you see me I may look 20 years younger because of the amount of product I'm pouring onto my face!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment