We had an ice storm/cold front come in with rain last night. It snowed North and East of here, but all we got was sleet and frozen rain (I guess that is sleet???). Hasn't gotten above freezing here yet and I write this at 10:45 am. This is very rare for SE Texas.
Because of the freezing roadways, they cancelled school day in Conroe ISD and all over around here. The daycare follows CISD, so they are closed today too. I was going to have to call in to work to stay home and take care of Erin today, but the powers that be at work decided to close our office too. Can't say I was really torn up about having to change my voicemail at work to saying we were closed.
I think the storm warning is supposed to be lifted after noon today when the high gets to 36!
I'm sure people will be out in droves since everyone is off. It's like a Saturday here except that none of us have gotten dressed yet. Erin and I have usually made a grocery store or Target run by this time on the weekend. We like to get out in the morning and afternoon before and after her nap.
The fireplace is roaring and everyone is all toasty. Erin is eating a snack and we'll go down for a nap soon. Yes, Momma will be laying down with her!
It didn't take the dogs long this morning to take care of business outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment