I went to the Allergist yesterday and got Allergy testing done. I got 56 shots in my back and they determined I'm severely allergic to grasses with mild reactions to some other things. Lovely. I go back tomorrow for 66 more shots to see what else I have a reaction to. The shots weren't pleasant, but they weren't the worst thing I've ever endured.
I also saw the Allergy surgeon and I need major nasal surgery. They did a CAT scan and determined that they need to break my nose to fix my deviated septum and do some things to the inner workings of my nasal passages. I also have to have my nostrils enlarged. I have little slits for nostrils and not enough air gets in. I'll plan on doing this one in January when we can lower our deductible from $5,000! That high deductible seemed like a good idea before I found out about all this.
So, to do the allergy testing I can't take any antihistamines, with Spring here I'm officially dying of allergies. Tommy laughed when I told him about the grass allergy. He said only I could be allergic to one of the most common things on the earth. Besides air and water, the earth is covered in grass! Lucky me.
The surgeon said he will try to make my nose nice, but if I want something specific I need to pay extra for the cosmetic nose job. Great. If I don't decide to pay extra I may come out of there looking like Miss Piggy! Not what I had planned.
Will keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment