The flowers in the Kill Zone seem to be settling in. Tommy got home from his trip to Dallas and said he really liked it. I don't think my picture did it justice over the phone.
Headed to the Country today for our Mize Easter celebration. I'm sure Granny will have the kiddos hopped up on sugar not long after get get there. I found some white plastic eggs with a shell that you can dye. They feel like they're filled with styrofoam. Much easier then boiling real eggs (and much less fragile and smelly). I bought the dye kits and will take them up there today in case the kids want to dye Easter Eggs. I haven't done that in years. In fact, we've never done it with Erin. She does that at my parent's house every year.
I haven't updated you on Scooby lately. He's moved in and a part of the family like he'd been here for years...He even ran away! (Maybe that should tell me something about how happy he is at home!) He really is a sweet dog. So glad we got him.
I was moving the trash can out to the road while Tommy was gone. Our HOA will not let you leave the trash can out where they are in view. So, it's behind the gate on the side of the house. The dogs were in the backyard and I didn't think much of it. I opened the gate and started pulling the trash can thru. (It's pretty big.) They bolted out beside me and ran into the front yard.
They've been in the front yard before, so I wasn't too worried. I started calling them to put them up and Scooby took off for the neighbor's yard. I called and called and he kept going, going, gone. Mae was hot on his heels. She did turn around and run back to me, but then she realized Scooby wasn't with her so she turned around and caught up to him. They were gone...
This fat butt tried running up the street after them but they were just too fast. I was never going to catch up to them. So, I turned around and headed for the truck. The last I saw them they were running right at the stop sign at the end of our street. (We live on a cul-de-sac in a "no exit" section of our sub-division.) They were running towards the main street.
In the truck I got to the stop sign but didn't know if they had gone straight thru the woods or right or left on the main road. I drove right and after a bit of not seeing them I encountered a man that was walking. I knew that he hadn't seen them because they would have attacked him. I turned around and went the other direction. Nothing. I had one direction left to go. I drove into the section on the other side of the woods. They appeared to have vanished into thin air.
After about 30 minutes of driving around I finally spotted them. They had run thru the woods into the section across from us. The inmates were sniffing around a trash can. I pulled over and called them. Mae came running so I snatched her up and put her in the truck. I called Scooby and he did come running...running, running, running and gone again. He ran right in front of a truck, but luckily the guy had stopped and was going really slow when he saw me with Mae. It gave me a heart attack.
I got down on all 4's calling Scooby and he finally came running. I tackled him and wrestled him to the ground in some random front yard. In my haste to leave the house I had forgotten to bring a leash with me. So, I had to carry him back to the truck. I've never been to happy and so mad in my life!
The minute we got home they ran to the water dish. They were very thirsty after their adventure. I'm just so lucky and thankful that Mae stuck to Scooby. Surprisingly she is better behaved outside than Scooby. It's so totally the other way around inside the house.
It's never dull at our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment