Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sadly, We’re Back…

 

You know vacation is over when you have 6 loads of laundry piled up in the hall.  It was an incredible trip.  We had so much fun.  I would go back tomorrow with this crew.  Of course, we would have to wear dirty clothes but I would still pack them up in a heartbeat!

I have to brag on the kids.  Yes, there was moments when they argued, but overall I think they did terrific.  Three is an odd number and maybe in the coming years Erin can bring a friend with her, or Cousin Reese!  She gets along great with the boys but they just have different interests and I think a little girly companion would be nice.  (And no, that companion does not come in the form of a little sister!!!)

I’m getting ready to start on my scrapbook.  I love doing them digitally now.  I just drop the pictures in and add some digital bling.  Easy Peasy!

The trip home went much easier.  We left at 4:03 and pulled into the driveway at 1:33.  It was perfect timing, and I’m not making up the times either!  We only stopped 2 times on the way home to stretch our legs and go potty.  I think it was much, much easier because Erin knew what to expect.  She still asked if we were back to Texas about a dozen times, but was cool with it otherwise.  She watched several movies and played on her iPad.  I cannot imagine what travel must have been like before the electronic age!!! 

I watched my iPad most of the way home too.  It’s amazing what an iPad and a wifi hotspot can do to make a trip seem sooooo much shorter!

We’re thinking about doing the Disney cruise next November, so we might take a break from Destin next summer.  I don’t even like to think about that!  It was so much fun watching Erin have such a great time.  She loves, loves, loves the water and you literally have to pull her out kicking and screaming.  She and Luke played in the waves like a couple of dolphins.

We did manage to bring home a little piece of FL in the form of a Hermit Crab box complete with Florida sand and 2 Hermit Crabs.  Kristen and Caney came home with us.  Thanks Nanny B!!!  LOL.  Tommy and I both wonder how long they’ll actually live.  Some sites on the internet claim they will live about 6 months.  It will be interesting to see….

Hermit Crabs

All in all, a great vacay!

No comments:

Post a Comment