Sunday, August 3, 2014

A Little Time in the Country…

 

We went and picked the kids up yesterday in the country.  We got there and Erin came running to me.  She jumped up in my arms.  I knew she missed me but she told me how much fun she had.  I had intentionally not called while she was there.  It was hard, but I didn’t want her to start missing us and want to come home.

Granny and Pepaw were worn smooth out.  Three kids for three whole days is a lot when you’re used to the peace and quiet of Country living. 

They said all in all that the kids were great.  Louis told me that Erin can hold her own with those two boys.  I think the worse behavior was wanting something one of the other kids had.  No one wanted to share!!! 

We stopped for lunch on the way home and I got a taste of what it would be like to have 3 kids.  When they outnumber you, it’s very easy to be thankful I only have one!!!  They weren’t BAD bad, just being kids!  The boys wouldn’t keep their hands to themselves and Erin wouldn’t stay in her seat.  It was almost impossible for one person to watch and referee all 3 of them at once.  I had to use my “eyes on the back of my head Mom skills!”  But, the minute the food came they were quiet and ate.  I think being in the Country worked up an good appetite.  Everyone scarfed down their cheeseburger. 

Here’s my favorite picture of Erin.  They’re getting ready to go corn the deer in the back.  This was taken right before she got carsick and threw up Spaghettios in Pepaw’s truck!!!

 

ICU

No comments:

Post a Comment