Friday, August 15, 2014

We’re Jumping Waves…

 

Erin has never been afraid of the water.  She is truly a water baby.  If I was into Astrology I would guess that being a Cancer (crab) is part of the reason!!!  She is like a little mermaid. 

We’re made her put her floaty on in the Gulf but let her go without it in the pool.  Yesterday was the calmest the water has been.  Luke and Erin went out beyond the wave break and were jumping the waves and racing.  I put on a mask and went hunting for Hermit crabs.  The more the better.  They really liked the ones I grabbed that were very active.  They liked it when they were out of the shell and they could see them.  They were manhandling all of them and couldn’t imagine why the crabs weren’t coming out!! 

While we were out there, the kids had a great time jumping over the big waves.  Neither of them likes the saltwater in their eyes.  So, I had the idea of bringing a rag out there with us.  Before they kept going back up on shore to wipe their eyes and then coming back out.  The problem with that plan is that they had to have an adult go in and out with them because of the rough wave break.  I thought that if we had a rag out there they might not have to go back in.  It worked.  Tommy put it in his pocket and would wring it out when they needed it.  I’m not sure it did any good what so ever, but they felt better.

I caught this video while we were out there.

 

 

DSCF0196

The mask was a little too tight so I ended up looking like the Joker out of Batman!

No comments:

Post a Comment