Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Drum Roll Please....Pink Booties It Is!!



Every cloud has a silver lining! We got lucky today!
(See the post before this one for background on what happened this morning...)
IT'S A GIRL!!!
After this morning's craziness, I was at my desk at work and decided to call the doctor's office just to tell them what happened. They told me to come in for an ultrasound just to be sure everything was fine with the baby.
The friendly ultrasound tech started looking and everything with the baby looks perfect. We could clearly see the 4 chambers of the heart, the brain, the spine, arms, legs and fingers and toes. It was so cute. The baby was stretched out and wiggling around there. At one point the kid stuck her legs out straight up in the air. She was sucking on her thumb. (That's the second picture up there. You can see the fingers in a line with the thumb in the mouth!) All in all, it was very good news and very reassuring to know that nothing happened this morning.
I asked the tech that since it was my birthday and since I had such a crappy morning could she see anything as far as the sex of the baby. She prodded around and said she thinks it's a girl. We could clearly see her little girl parts. She said Dr. Strong doesn't like for her to tell his patients especially before 20 weeks, so she told me to keep in on the low down and act surprised on March 1st when he does the big ultrasound.
Tommy is still in shock! Neither of us cared if it was a boy or a girl, but deep down what guy doesn't want a son?
Knowing that the baby is okay is the best birthday present I could have hoped for.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Maybe baby #2 will be a boy :)
    --Dave & Sarah Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls are the best!!! well, I may be a little partial! Tommy will be a great Dad to a baby girl, she will have him wrapped around her finger the moment she arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My crazy day turned out the be so blessed. Yay for girls! Char, I think you're right. Tommy will be putty in her tiny little hands. David and Gracie, baby #2??? Are you crazy, I'll be 110 by the time this kid finishes kindergarden! I'm not sure I'm up for trying this again!

    ReplyDelete