Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Scary Morning Bout with Road Rage

Happy Birthday to me....

On my way to work this morning I got in a fender bender and the guy got out and attacked my truck and screamed at me that I was fat!! Very scary morning...

It started out where the road we were on merged from two lanes to one. Me and the rest of the traffic were in the correct lane. This guy came up on the side where the lane was ending and tried to get in front of me. I didn't let him. I honked at him and then he rolled his window down and started yelling at me. He got close and hit the mirror on the passenger side of my truck with his van.

He then slowed down and got beside me. He was screaming at me and punching my mirror with his fist. I didn't stop. I kept inching along in traffic trying to get away from him. He squeezed over behind me and followed me thru the stop sign. He kept flashing his lights at me. I went thru the stop sign and he followed right behind me without stopping. I slowed down and then stopped to let him go around. He rammed into the back of my truck and got out and started hitting my window.

I was scared to death. I dialed 911 and was on the phone with the operator telling her what he was doing. All of this happened on the county line so they had to transfer me to Harris Co. 911 in the middle of all of this. In the meantime, he got back into his van screaming at me to get out of the way. He pulled off on a side street and I pulled over away from him in another area.

I was still on the phone with 911. He got out of his van, looked at the damage then ran over to me. He started beating on the window and screaming terrible profanity at me. This went on for about a minute. He then ran back over to his van, got in and drove away. I was still on the phone with 911 and was able to give them his plate info. Since he was gone, they disconnected with me. I called Tommy almost hysterical. He jumped in the car to come up there.

By the time Tommy got there the police had shown up. Two cop cars. One got out and talked to me. The other guy went to this little business right there and I saw him talking to a guy there. The police ran the plates and the van came back to a security company in Rose Hill, Texas. He took the report, the witness told them about the guy going nuts on my truck, and they said he will be ticketed for minor accident and failure to stop and give information.

The policeman told me at the very least the guy will be ticketed and probably fired from his job. He said that if the traffic division of Harris Co. presses charges against him I'll have to go to court to verify that it was him that hit me and fled the scene. This won't be too hard since I got an up close and personal look at him as he was pounding on my window and screaming at me.

The important thing is that me and the baby are fine. It was a heck of a hit from behind, but I was seat belted in and it didn't do too much damage to the back of my truck. Thank God for Chevy Tahoes! I have a splitting headache but I think that's from crying so hard and not from the accident. I was bawling and shaking all over. I've calmed down now and will be going to work in just a minute. I've got to turn my own claim in!

3 comments:

  1. Holy Crap! That is crazy. He was probably so upset because his company was going to fire him. I know a lot of companies that have people driving vehicles for them have a policy of firing the employee if involved in a wreck, even if the wreck is not their fault. Glad you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Angela!!! I am so sorry - what an A**HOLE!!!! Glad the two of you are OK. Were you packin' heat today???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't packing heat! SF doesn't allow gun on site, so I never take it to work. Of all the day to need it too!

    ReplyDelete