Thursday, July 1, 2010

Week 38

Tomorrow will be 38 weeks. Everyone keeps telling me that this pregnancy has just flown by for them. I can't say I share the same thoughts. I looked back at the blog the other day and it seems like so long ago we found out we were pregnant. Tommy's FB post today was about it finally being July, her birth month. I think our impatient personalities are coming out...

We have another doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I have something great to report/post. I keep thinking I must be getting closer. I've had a couple of practice contractions and there is a lot of pressure now. Fingers crossed that gravity takes over soon and she just tumbles out.

This week the baby keeps growing. She's packing on the pounds and continues to grow. The book says all systems are a go for birth. These last weeks she supposed to continue to shed that funky baby fur they have in the womb. For that reason alone, I'm not so sad that she hasn't made her appearance yet. I'm a realist. No new born is pretty, you add the werewolf factor and I'm okay with her cooking a while longer. No offense to her Daddy, but I really, really can't stress enough how I hope she's un-hairly like her Momma!!!

This prego journey has been an experience. We've had some scares and had a lot of laughs (mainly at my expense), but all in all it's been very good. I can honestly say that I knew the birth itself would be painful, but I never expected the pain before birth to be so hard. I literally feel like my pelvis is breaking in two. Just when I think the pain can't get much worse, I wake up to a new day. It's brought tears to my eyes a couple of times today. I just keep telling myself that it's not for much longer. I just have to tough it out and remind myself how very fortunate we are to have had such a healthy pregnancy. Even with my "advanced maternal age" we have been so blessed.

So, enough complaining. Bring on the epidural and the werewolf kid already.

No comments:

Post a Comment