Monday, October 25, 2010

Tricks Are For Kids

Big discovery at the Mize house.  Erin has discovered her hands.  She's been using them and chewing on them constantly for the last month, but this weekend she figured out they were there.  (I'm going on record now to say that her punishment when she's older might be sitting on her hands.  The way she always has then in her mouth will make that punishment cruel and unusual for sure!)

Several times this weekend we would find her just staring at her hands and wiggling her fingers.  It was so cute.  I haven't snapped a picture of that yet but I'm sure I will.  It seems that every facet of her life is now on video or in pictures.

She also started laughing out loud.  For the past week she's been making noise that sounds like a laugh.  It's confirmed.  She was actually giggling in her little pink Bumbo chair yesterday.  She really does like it.  I think it's a combination of things.  She's sitting up on the kitchen table and we're right there talking to her, so she gets happy.

God really has blessed us with a happy baby.  We are so thankful.  Not that we would love her any less if she wasn't, but it's just so fun that she is!  We've been blessed with a relationship full of laughter and smiles so it seems so fitting to have a smiley baby.

Even Rox has been smiling this weekend.  Tommy cooked ribs in the backyard and Roxie has been working "clean up".  She is more than happy to help him scour the backyard for drippings.  (She doesn't want another grass fire!)

No comments:

Post a Comment