Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ouch, That One Left a Mark

Erin had her first big boo boo today.  I think it hurt Momma and Daddy as much if not more than it hurt her.  Until today, I never understood that it really does hurt you as a parent to see your kid in pain.  (Not that I like seeing anyone in pain, but it especially hurt to see Erin hurt!)

She was trying to walk on her knees and drink out of her straw cup on the tile... need I say more?  She slipped and landed on the cup with it still in her mouth.  She immediately started crying and it was the huge sobs that no sound comes out for a minute while she was sucking in air.  Her little face just crumpled up and huge tears erupted.  It was heartbreaking.  Tommy and I were both right there when it happened.  I snatched her up and started loving on her.  Then we realized her little mouth was bleeding.

She would never let us get into her mouth to see if she split her lip or cut her gums with the straw.  She was so mad and hurt.  I tried to peek several times but she would cry harder, shake her head and throw her hands up in my way.  So, it's still a mystery as to what exactly got cut.  I got the frozen teething ring out but she wanted none of that either.  I ended up giving her some Tylenol and laying her down.  It was close to nap time anyway.  She settled down and was out pretty soon after I put her down.

Very emotionally draining.  Tommy and I just looked at each other after I layed her down.  She's good as new now, but man oh man.  We're not ready for this!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh just wait... I hope that is the worst of it! But, yes, It makes you hurt too!

    ReplyDelete