My friend Sharon found an idea on Pinterest and I was interested. It was rain gutter book shelves. You cut off the rain gutters, put on the end caps and hang them on the wall. From there you put the books in so the front faces out. The kids can see the front and you have no more digging. Sharon said they did the project but didn't hang them on a stud so they sagged and came off the wall. It would have been a easy fix, but I wanted to see if there was something I liked better...
I took to Pinterest and no shock at all...I found the perfect ones. These are made of wood, so I had to recruit Pawpaw for the project. It was on a blog written by a girl who makes all her own things. The blog gave step by step instructions and I could have done it by myself if I had the time. I could have had the people at Home Depot cut the wood for me and I already know how to use the nail gun but I know how Pawpaw loves a good project.
Pawpaw has been laying low this winter. He's like a groundhog. He will only come out to work on projects when the sun is out and it's over 60 degrees! It was "too cold" on Friday so he waited until yesterday to make the shelves. He brought them over yesterday afternoon and told me it took him like 45 minutes to build and sand the entire project!!! Pawpaw rocks!
I bought the paint and last night at 9:00 pm I was in the garage painting boards! I think they came out fabulous! I'm putting one set in her playroom and the other set upstairs in her room. The shorter ones will go behind the door in her playroom and there are only going to be 2 of those. He built 3 longer ones to go in her room upstairs. We do most of our reading at night in bed, so we needed more and bigger shelves in there.
Your mom use to use a wooden spoon instead of the check system. I was even scared of it and I wasn't even on the list..lol
ReplyDeleteCorey