I know that any Full-time working mom feels stressed, but this week is especially bad at the Mize house. I've learned to let go of some of my OCD ways and to just roll with things. I think it's the only way to keep your sanity with a 3 year old.
But....
Yesterday started off crappy and never got better. Erin woke up 30 minutes early screaming for me. She had a bad dream and it took forever to calm her down. I was upset that she was upset, and I was upset that it all happened in the only time of the day I get for myself!! Selfish I know, but that's why I get up at 4:15. From 5:30 to 6:15 is me time!!!
I brought her downstairs and we layed in our bed and watched ipads. When it was time for breakfast the tears and the drama were amped up. I couldn't get her to calm down to eat. She didn't want any of my suggestions and just cried the whole time. I think the menu was finally agreed upon as a cottage cheese breakfast! Yum.
Tommy was upstairs working on the toilet that had broken and a discovered about the same time Erin started screaming. It as supposed to be a simple job and he knew exactly how to fix it. 45 minutes later, it still wasn't fixed and Erin was still crying and pitching fits. Tommy was frustrated and I was in serious need of a drink at 6:30 in the morning.
Tommy ended up cutting a hose and trying to get the hose loose. A call to my Daddy ensured he was doing it right. (Woke Daddy up too!) Daddy offered to come over later and help Tommy fix it after work. Tom was desperate. It still wasn't fix. (A plumber was called to the scene of the crime yesterday afternoon. Turns out it takes a special tool to undo it and it's cheap crap that the builder installed.)
We managed to call get ready and get to school/work.
My day didn't improve. We started a "new and improved" work flow that clearly wasn't designed by anyone who did our job. It's very confusing and very redundant. I guess it's one of the pitfalls of working for a Fortune 100 company. They hire people to tell us how to do things more efficiently and they have no clue.
My boss decided to put me in charge of the new work flow for our team. I was volunteered! So, I worked on composing an easier step by step guide for the team. I was then put on a committee for all of our Section to field questions. Yay! We're flying completely blind because the Unit that is now taking over and making our life easier is located in Colorado!!! Enough about that except to say I was still getting new claims thru all of this and having to answer my phone and take care of my customers. Geez!
I was also stressed because today is Erin's follow up with the Pediatric GI specialist. We were making progress with our problems but they're now back and we're regressing. Ugh!
So, we see him today and I'm a little on the anxious side.
I know things will all work out, but man, its been a rough week already and it's only part way over.
If you need me this weekend, I'll be some where far off in the corner of a nice padded cell rocking back and forth and eating crayons.
No comments:
Post a Comment