Sunday, February 16, 2014

Reese Cup Lovin'

Tommy's cousin Roy has a daughter named Reese.  That makes her Tommy's 2nd cousin and Erin's 3rd cousin.  Reese just turned 3 so there is about a 6 month age difference between her and Erin.  She is totally into Minnie and Sophia the First so she and Erin have lots in common.  She is the closest girl cousin to Erin's age.  The rest of the 3rd cousins are teenagers and there's Jake, Luke and William.  You know - BOYS - Heaven forbid.

The times we've been around Reese there are usually older kids there too.  At the Mize Christmas party Reese was just getting over the flu so she couldn't play outside with the other kids. Erin tends to think she's a big kid when she's around bigger kids and wants to go with them.  When Jake is around, Erin follows him like a puppy dog.

We decided to invite the Wisemans over this weekend so the girls could play.  It was a major success.  They came over mid-afternoon yesterday and Erin immediately started asking Reese what she wanted to play with.  I had set up the tee pee and the Princess tent.  We also had the little expandable floor tunnel out.  Erin had brought down all of her Minnie Mouse dolls, so there were about 20 of those downstairs.  Reese was a little overwhelmed and shy when they first got here.  But, she warmed up almost immediately.  They took off and played like they were best friends.

Tommy was cooking fajitas so he went inside and outside a lot. Erin never misses a chance to go outside and she had Reese in tow.  They ran outside as soon as the boys opened the door.  Nanette and I were in the kitchen talking and decided to go outside to watch them.  They were both on the see saw swing.  Tommy was on Erin's end and Roy was on Reese's end pushing them.  The girls were squealing with delight.  It was super cute.

They moved from trampoline, to swings, to slide and to the playhouse too.  I tried to snap some pictures of them in motion as they moved from one toy to the next.  I forgot to get any pics on the trampoline.  It would have been good ones too.  The static on the trampoline was making their hair stand on end.

I had told Erin on Wednesday that her cousin Reese was coming over.  From then on she kept asking me when Reese was coming.  (Next time I won't tell her so far in advance!)  I told her yesterday that when she got up from her nap Reese would be coming.  I laid down with her to take a nap and the minute she woke up she asked me where Reese was!

We only had one minor incident of "Only Child" syndrome.  They are both only children so sharing is something we have to work on.  The binoculars that go with the swing set came off years ago.  We haven't attached them back because the kids still play with them anyway.  Erin got them and Reese wanted them and Erin was running all over the yard to keep them from her.  I made Erin share and then Reese didn't want to give them back.  So, I split the baby and took the binoculars and put them up!

Very, very successful play date.  We will be doing it again since the Wiseman's live so close.  They live about 10 miles away and we NEVER see them.  We're going to change that! It was just so darn sweet watching them have such a good time with each other.  It was some serious Reese Cup Lovin'.





















No comments:

Post a Comment