This is a report on Erin.
We went back for our Pediatric GI appointment yesterday. Erin was doing great around Christmas and January but has recently been regressing to her old ways. She holds stuff in and backs up her little system. No amount of bribing, cajoling, punishing or pleading gets her to go.
We went back to the Specialist at Texas Children's and he said this sometimes happens. He upped the dosage of Miralax we give her every day and told me to do a system flush. (I'll leave that to your imagination.) Needless to say, Erin wasn't really on board for the flush. But who could blame her. I wasn't really on board administering the flush.
She was great at the doctor's office, but when we got home she fought me like a tiger on the flush, but I won. She would still hold in the saline and we had several accidents. I think when it was all over she felt better. I asked her if her tummy still hurt and she said it didn't.
Tommy did some research and found a couple of books on the subject. They both got good reviews. He read one of them to her last night, but the other was more like a pamphlet. Not sure why it got good reviews. So, stay way from "Super Pooper" book/pamphlet if you need a book like this. It's going back to Amazon today. We are now experts on the subject.
I feel better after the appointment knowing that this is not abnormal. I pray that she stops doing this soon because it makes her hurt and nothing is worse than watching your kid hurt. The fact that there are reviewed books on the subject makes me feel better too. Other parents are going thru this too.
With all that being said...have to give a shout out to Texas Children's again. That place is incredible. Our appointment was for 11:15. We got there at 11:00 and sat in the waiting room about 10 minutes. From there they called us back and weighed her and took her height. (39.6 lbs in the 89th percentile, and 3 ft 3.6 inches in the 73rd percentile) We were in the room with the nurse at exactly 11:15. We waited for the doctor about 5 minutes and he spent time answering my questions. He seemed a little more rushed this time, but I think it was because there really wasn't much else to do. We were back in the car by 11:45 and on our way. What an outstanding operation they run.
I thought Erin was taller as far as the percentile goes. She's not the tallest in her class but she's taller then most of the kids. Hmmm. She's in the 92nd percentile as far as BMI goes so I'm thinking she's a little out of proportion, but I would rather have her a little thicker for when she hits a growing spurt. Neither doctor seems too concerned about this. She certainly isn't overweight, and I don't need a skinny skinny baby! I would be too worried about her if she was super skinny.
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts. Keep them coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment