I’m all about boosting Erin’s confidence like my parents did with me. I am always hugging and kissing her and tell her how smart and pretty she is. I want her to grow up confident and self-assured. My mom was always telling us that girls can do anything boys can do and telling us how smart and pretty we were. I am carrying on the Wistner family tradition by trying to raise a smart, independent young lady.
Last night she slept with me since Tommy was at the Rockets game. We woke up and she was so warm and snuggly that I took advantage of it. I was hugging her and snuggling and told her she was smart and pretty and could be anything in the world she wanted to be.
She very calmly told me she wanted to be a sister when she grows up.
Epic parental fail! How can I dash her dreams by telling her that’s the one thing she will never be!!! LOL I just got finished telling her she can be anything and she totally stumped me with that one.
She’s at the age now where she’s obsessed with baby pictures and babies. She doesn’t play with dolls or anything like that but most of her friends at school either have older sibs or their moms are having babies. Sorry Charlie. You’re out of luck if you’re wanting me to have another kid! Even though there was a little Mommy guilt this morning, I WILL NOT be having any more children just to satisfy my 4 year old!
Tommy and I are great with our choice to have one. There will be times when she wants brothers and sisters, but I know there will be times when she’s glad she gets undivided attention and most anything she wants and is happy to be the one and only.
Life is good for Erin, even if I’m raising her to have a big head about her smarts and looks and we’re dashing her dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment