Monday, April 20, 2015

Everything Must Go…

 

I started something with my Spring Cleaning.  Tommy has been selling stuff left and right that I was going to give to GoodWill.  We have really been able to de-clutter the house and we both feel so much better.

Ebay or other selling sites move too slowly for me.  I want to buy instantly and I hate the selling game and people trying to low ball me.  I have listed stuff on the Woodlands Online before and been successful, but I can’t stand the waiting period.  Tommy is not that way.  He’s as patient as Job when it comes to selling stuff.  I dare say he’s obsessed with selling our old crap!  And he has been known to dig thru my piles of donation stuff to see if there is anything worth selling.

We have an neighborhood app that he’s on and they have a classified section.  Right now he’s got our crib mattress and a bedding set listed.  It’s funny to me because he doesn’t have a high price on it but some woman sent him a private message that she would trade a one hour massage with essential oils at her house for it.  LOL!  I have been laughing at that for hours.

Tommy’s obsession is a good thing because I would have just given the stuff away.  It’s cluttering up the house and garage and it’s all stuff that we don’t use or that Erin has outgrown.  Yesterday he sold my like new rollerblades that I think I used maybe 5 times.  (Might have held on to them if it wasn’t for the ankle surgery after Steph’s massive rollerblading wipeout that scared me straight!)  He also sold a mechanic’s creeper yesterday.  He bought it years ago and it’s been hanging in the garage for no real reason. 

The stuff people buy and sell on there is just totally random.  I actually bought a desk and chair for my little work area.  Tommy did the same since we’re both working from home now.  Nothing fancy, just simple glass and metal desks that aren’t too big.  We didn’t want to convert an entire room in the house to SF and since we’re both on the phone at the same time occasionally it seemed like a better idea to set up in different rooms.  One of us is a “loud” talker so I hear.

Tommy lives to negotiate and is fantastic at it.  He’s actually the best negotiator I know.  He does awesome with it at work too.  He has handpicked crazy items to sell and it really into the rush.  The first day he sold 3 items in like 2 hours.  It was the weekend and I think listings are more successful on the weekend.  Since then, he’s put other random stuff on there and it’s sat for a couple of days.  I think he’s actually pretty disappointed things have slowed down.  Maybe we’re just sold all the choice treasure already. 

So far he’s made over $100 bucks for our old stuff!  I haven’t counted it but there is a stack of money in the kitchen from his sales.  Of course, it’s burning a hole in my pocket, but Mr. Patient has an idea for our Sanford & Son earnings I’m sure.  I’ve even tried to recruit my parents with this app.  I loaded it on Daddy’s phone and told him he can unload some of their junk but he hasn’t done it yet.  With all the crap my Momma holds on to they’re probably sitting on a gold mine!

I just wanted to prepare all of your that come to our house.  You may have to sit on the floor and look at blank walls by the time we’re finished.  It’s like a Fire Sale around here.  Everything must go.

No comments:

Post a Comment