Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Getting Big…

 

This week we register Erin for Kindergarten.  I can’t believe she’s already starting K-garten.  People tell you that the time goes by quickly, but when you’re in the moment of being a new parent you just don’t understand.  Now I get it.  I’m so excited that I got her paperwork ready 2 months ago when I found out when Kindergarten Round-up was! 

I wouldn’t go back to the baby days for anything.  I loved Erin then, but she is so much more fun now.  She has a sparky spunky personality and I can’t wait for her to start school and make friends.

I think the best part of Kindergarten will be the raise we get from the daycare!!!  It’s unreal how much we pay a year.  Although we’ve had a great experience at Gateway to Learning and we couldn’t have picked a better school for Erin, I’m glad it’s coming to an end.  She’s ready for a new challenge and new friends.  Every time we drive by Broadway Elementary she tells me that is where Jake goes to school and her and Luke will be going there too.  (The school is literally behind our house, so we pass it several times a day.  And yes, we hear about it every time!)

Instead of Gateway, we’re going to sign her up for the YMCA program after school.  The school is so close to the house and Daddy and Pawpaw are going to cut a gate thru the fence this month.  We’ll walk to school this year on pretty days.  (I have a feeling some of the neighbors will be using the gate too!) 

The YMCA has a great reputation. I have a friend from work who sends her kids there and another friend who uses a YMCA program at a different school.  They rave about it.  I called to find out when we can enroll and they gave me a rundown of the program.  They have counselors that watch the kids until 6:30 if you need.  They set up centers and have a homework area so that they can do homework or play.  Hmmmm… wonder which Erin will do! 

The Y is a fraction of the daycare money.  Our plan is to try it out for a while, but if we can pull it off with our schedules, we might just skip the after school and pick her up when the bell rings.  Tommy and I both work from home now, but we’re just not sure if it will work long term.  My appointments are sometimes long in the afternoon and I still have work to do when I get home.  Tommy has meetings at various times and has to go out of town.  We always have the Gram and Pawpaw Back-Up Plan, but for now we’ll try the Y.

Big changes coming to the Mize household and we’re excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment