Tommy and one of my aunts were talking on Facebook. He told her we have a little over 50 days left. I told him it just sounds better to say 7 more weeks!
According to the book, the baby is putting on weight rapidly now. She's averaging about half a pound a week. The book estimates her size around 4.5 pounds. We'll know more for sure in 2 weeks with the last ultrasound. The book also says she may grow a full inch this week alone. I could be carrying Shaquil O'Neal!
It said that the amniotic fluid level is maxed out right now with super chunk in there. That's why I feel her moving around so much. Less fluid to cushion the karate blows. Antibodies are being passed from me to her right now in an effort to get her immune system started.
When I think she might grow an inch just this week it's pretty amazing. The whole experience has been crazy, but that really blows my mind.
We had another childbirth class on Tuesday. The teacher played some rap song about childbirth. Yes, you heard me right. She played a rap song. She was serious about it too. I couldn't stop laughing. The class wasn't so bad. It was all about early labor positioning and partner support. Tommy had to spend much of the two hours rubbing my back. I'm not complaining.
Roxie had a spa day today. We dropped her off for a haircut and a much needed bath. As I get bigger, it gets harder to bathe her and she isn't complaining about that either! Tommy has it good. Neither one of the women in his life is complaining!!
The class was THREE hours long. I just felt the need to clarify since your entry said 2 hours. I know that time flies when you're having fun but it was 3 hours long. I repeat THREE HOURS! We only need 6 more hours to graduate!
ReplyDeleteAnonymous Tommy