Well, I can tell you from personal experience that it takes exactly 15 minutes to get from our driveway to Memorial Hermann Hospital at 2:00 am on a Friday night.
Yes, one of my worst fears was realized last night. Since the beginning of this prego journey, I kept telling Tommy that I didn't want to think it was time, have all the hype, go to the hospital and get turned away. I can take the pain and fear of the unknown on the childbirth process, I just didn't want the false alarm bell to ring. I'll be dang'd if it didn't happen anyway.
I had some different things going on all day yesterday that I took to be early labor signs and then last night I thought my water broke. Tommy was asleep and of course, I was up. I waited about an hour and woke him up. We got up, got our stuff together and took off. Turns out the things I had going on are early signs of labor, but my water didn't break. I just had to pee a lot. Still dilated to 1 cm. The early signs can rock along for days/weeks without progressing - oh boy!!
The nurse we had last night was great. I told her I was embarrassed and she told me that it happens VERY often and even nurses come in there thinking they are going into labor and get turned away. Okay, that made it all better. If I was able to move a little more quickly I might have sprung out of the bed and kissed her on the lips.
We got home at 4:30 and got back in bed (yes, I had made the bed before we left, so I had to un-make it again for us to go to sleep. I'm a freak!) Even Rox slept in this morning after all the excitement. When we woke up, Tommy told me he had a dream that I woke him up to tell him my water broke and that we spent 2.5 uncomfortable hours at the hospital in the middle of the night. I think he was testing me to see if he can joke about it yet. He's safe for now. I have to laugh at myself!!
No comments:
Post a Comment